INTERPRETER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT TRAINING COURSE
CyraCom’s results-driven Interpreter Skills Development training course provides participants with opportunities to learn and develop effective interpretation techniques. Upon completing this course, successful participants apply the ethics, standards and protocols of medical interpretation and apply techniques to facilitate interaction between Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients and healthcare professionals.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MEDICAL INTERPRETATION COURSE
- Ethics, standards and protocols
- Session management techniques
- Modes of interpretation
- Cultural responsiveness
- Code of Ethics for the medical interpreter
- How to identify and avoid common medical interpretation errors
- Professional development resources for medical interpreters
- Techniques on building medical vocabulary
- Short-term memory and note taking skills
Our expert training staff utilizes a variety of active learning techniques to ensure the participants’ effective assimilation and application of the knowledge and skills covered. Training techniques include guided class discussions, recorded listening scenarios, role playing exercises, small group presentations and review quizzes. All activities are designed to reinforce learning and stimulate critical thinking concerning medical interpretation.
This three-day course, complete with information and exercises, is delivered in English. All participants must be bilingual (English and any other language). It is preferable that participants work with interpreters (employed or contracted) and have a working knowledge of healthcare. Participants receive detailed printed information including the course outline, learning aids, and role plays. Each participant, upon completing the course, receives a Certificate of Completion.
Assessment and Training
- New Study: Top Three Ways to Improve Healthcare Outcomes for LEP Children
- Who Should Not Interpret for Patients for Section 1557 Compliance?
- How ACA Section 1557 Grants Patients New Right to Legal Action
- What are the Standards for Qualified Interpreters Under Section 1557?
- Fast Facts on ACA Section 1557