Qualities that Matter
According to industry research, below are the top qualities that matter to healthcare providers when choosing an interpretation provider:
- Interpreter Qualifications
- Supplier Financial Health
- Connection Speed
- Customer Service
How satisfied are you in these categories? How does your current provider stack up?
10 Questions to Ask Any Language Services Provider
Quality of Interpretation
1. How does your provider measure interpretation quality?
2. How often are interpreters monitored?
3. What systems are in place to guarantee quality?
Connection Speed / Availability
4. On average, how fast does your provider connect to an interpreter? (how is this measured?)
5. How often is your vendor able to provide an interpreter? (how is this measured?)
6. Which languages are available?
Compliance / Liability
7. How does your provider comply with applicable regulations (HIPAA, PII, etc.) and liability issues?
8. How does your provider help you to implement and communicate the service?
9. How are service issues resolved?
10. What is the history, location, strategy, ownership, and financial stability of your provider?
CyraCom RFP Guide
Issuing an RFP? Be informed. There are key differences in language services providers, so make sure to analyze your needs and ask the right questions.
Don’t know what to focus on? CyraCom has created a detailed list of questions that you should ask of any language services provider. This document will help you to create a thorough RFP suited to your needs.
How CyraCom Stacks Up Interpreter Quality
CyraCom’s US employee interpreters are given 120 hours of classroom training, including medical topics and terminology.
Want to learn more about how CyraCom compares to the competition?
- Top 7 Takeaways from a Recent ADA Settlement
- “Not Worth the Risk” | Another Tactic to Drive Staff Adoption
- 2016 Year in Review | CyraCom and the Healthcare Industry
- How Improved Language Services may Improve Patient Outcomes and HCAHPS Scores
- How Easy-to-use Language Access may Improve Staff Adoption and HCAHPS Scores