CyraCom Interpreters in US Contact Centers
Interpreter Training and Certification
CyraCom’s employee interpreters receive 120 hours of standardized, in-person training in US contact centers – three times longer than is typical in the language service industry. In training, interpreters learn medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and other topics essential for healthcare interpreting.
Upon completion of CyraCom’s testing and training course, interpreters receive certification and are proficient in:
- Medical equipment
- Pharmacological concepts and medications
- Common medical encounters, including: geriatric, pediatric, and mental health encounters
- Symptoms and conditions
- Body systems, anatomy, and physiology
- Emergency situations
- Checkups, invasive procedures, and other common medical treatments
Quality Monitoring 12 Times Monthly
To guarantee quality, employee interpreters are monitored by Supervisors and Quality Specialists at a target frequency of 12 times per month.
We are the first – and currently only – major phone interpretation provider in the US with ISO certification, demonstrating our commitment to quality. Certification requires rigorous quality processes and independent external audits.
Reliable US Telecom Networks
Calls are routed through reliable US telecom providers, ensuring quality voice transmission, reliability, and connectivity.
US Contact Centers
CyraCom’s interpreters work in the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers: all HIPAA-compliant and located in the continental US. Most other providers primarily use at-home or offshore interpreters. More full-time interpreters work in CyraCom’s US contact centers than in the United Nations. Our US contact centers provide a controlled call environment for improved sound quality with high bandwidth connections and quality video cameras. All calls run through reliable US telecom infrastructure, ensuring quality sound and connectivity.
CyraCom Blog Highlights
- Vocabulary of Native and Non-native Speakers: the Lifelong Pursuit of Language Learning posted on 03 Nov
- What Makes a Great Interpreter (Part 1) posted on 12 Aug
- Will the World Eventually Only Have One Language? posted on 04 Aug
- CyraCom Unveils New Large-Scale Interpreter Contact Center in Tampa, FL posted on 29 Oct