Webinar: Using Language Services as a Risk-Reduction Strategy, featuring speakers from Banner Health
Learn how Banner Health, a multi-state, 23 hospital system mitigates risk by using language services. Talking points include how Banner Health:
- Developed a comprehensive language services program to address The Joint Commission’s standards for patient-centered communication
- Trained bilingual staff to become qualified interpreters through its Banner Spanish Language Academy
- Used language services to reduce miscommunication risk, decrease expenses, and improve satisfaction among patients, staff, and physicians
Webinar from Banner HealthTuesday May 1st, 2012Liz Swan, RN, MBA, CPHRM – RN Risk Management Consultant
Marisa Hernandez, BS – Interpreter Educator
CyraCom’s interpretation and translation solutions are exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association. With ISO 9001:2008 certified quality processes, US-based medically-trained interpreters, and a dedicated account management team, we are equipped to meet your patients’ language needs.
About This Author
Hello everyone. I'm Andy, Marketing Coordinator at CyraCom. I’ve been in the healthcare language services industry for three years, and I’ll be using my research expertise to bring you information and analysis on overall demographic changes in the US, LEP profiles, and relevant clinical studies and how they apply.
- The Do’s and Don’ts When Interacting with a Deaf or Hard of Hearing Person
- Fortune Magazine Covers the Language Service Industry in “Success in Any Language”
- What Makes a Great Interpreter (Part 2)
- It’s a Tough Choice: Face-to-Face, Over-the-Phone, or Video Remote Interpreting?
- Multiple Languages Heard for the Super Bowl